Festive Season Operations – 2020
2020 has been a difficult year for everyone and we take this opportunity to thank you for your support throughout the year. We have been more fortunate than many and it is thanks to your valuable contribution and support.
Please take note of the following dates which will impact our ability to service you over the festive season, we have taken the decision not to shut down as usual this festive season but will operate a short staff so we can continue to service your urgent and unexpected needs.
- You will be serviced as usual out of all our warehousing locations until Friday, 18thDecember 2020. Placing orders placed on or before this date will ensure delivery by the transporters before their closure.
- From Monday 21st, we will continue to operate however transport cannot be guaranteed to be efficient. Please see below for transport notes.
- From Thursday 24ththrough Thursday 31st, we will operate on short staff working half day. Collections will only be available at our Merrivale and Somerset West warehouses before 12:30 and must be scheduled by 10 am on day of collection. We have done our best to ensure stock availability for all items from these collection points.
Normal operations will resume from 4th January 2021.
Transport Service Levels:
- Freight Pak: Bulk carrier, will be available for local deliveries only. No intercity.
- Solo Logistics: Preferred for Northern and Western Cape – closed from 23rd December to 4th January.
- DCB: Bulk and small item carrier, will be available throughout the festive season but on demand basis only. No delivery date guarantee, especially remote areas.
- Courier Guy: Small parcel, fully active and best option for small and urgent needs.
- Steinweg: No closure except for public holidays but reduced staff may affect service levels.
We recommend ensuring you have enough stock to see you through to the second week of January 2021, to limit the impact of the festive period.
All the consignment depots will be re-stocked by Madumbi on or before the 18th of December 2020. If you have any special requirements or a forecast for December and January to assist with this restocking process, please discuss with Cerista or your BioSpecialist.
For any urgent needs during the festive period, please contact our head office (033 342 3984 option 1).
We wish you and your family a safe and happy festive season and look forward to the new year.
Business Operations – Platform Lead