Madumbi’s winter Lucerne
and pasture guide
Eco-Rhiz Lucerne® is supplied in conjunction with Eco-T® as a twin pack. Eco-Rhiz Lucerne® is a bacterial inoculant containing Sinorhizobium meliloti strain RF14 for fixing nitrogen in the root nodules of Lucerne.
Eco-T® works synergistically with the Eco-Rhiz Lucerne® inoculant enhancing root growth and nodulation. Eco-T® contains the fungus Trichoderma asperellum which helps suppress root diseases and enhances plant growth.
Madumbi Humate granules ®is an excellent product for improving physical soil properties, essential to the foundations of a long-term holistic approach.
|Eco-Rhiz Lucerne ®
(Reg. no. L9273, Act 36 of 1947)
|Madumbi Humate Granules ®
(Reg. no. B4797, Act 36 of 1947)
|Eco-T Ezi-Flo ®
(Reg. no. L9276, Act 36 of 1947)
|Rhizobium are present in nature but may be insufficient in numbers or the incorrect strain.||Improves soil structure, moisture and nutrient retention properties of
|Controls root diseases associated with root wilting complex (e.g. Fusarium, Sclerotinia, Pythium etc.).|
|Inoculation ensures effective
nodulation and maximum
|A natural microbial stimulant,
improving microbial activity in the soil.
|Increased root growth due to
increased auxin availability.
|A cost-effective alternative to
synthetic applications with residual Nitrogen held in the soil after harvest for follow-up crops.
|Maximises fertiliser efficiency,
reducing leaching and nutrient lock-up in soil, especially under extreme alkaline or acidic conditions.
|Increased nutrient uptake with reduces plant stress via Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR).|
|Adequate Nitrogen improves crop quality, uniformity and ultimately yield.||Buffers fertiliser applications
preventing extreme pH situations.
|Safe, residue free product with no negative effects on the environment.|
- As a seed treatment mix one 50g Eco-Rhiz Lucerne® sachet and one 10g Eco-T® sachet in 200ml cold tap water. Mix well and apply to 25kg Lucerne seed. Plant seed after inoculation, not exceeding a 3-day pre-plant treatment period.
- If applied via irrigation systems, mix two 50g Eco-Rhiz Lucerne® sachets and two 10g Eco-T® sachets in 200ml cold tap water; add to irrigation system application tank. Treats 1 ha.
- Apply Madumbi Humate granules ® at a rate equivalent to 5% of the fertiliser blend. Do not exceed 10 kg per ha when banded or 20 kg per ha broadcast.
- Eco-T Ezi-Flo® is specially formulated for dry application onto seed in the planter. Apply at a dose rate of 1g per kg seed, with a minimum of 50g per ha for pastures.
- For more details on application rates, refer to the relevant product labels or contact a Madumbi representative.