Bolldex® & Madex®
Virus based biocontrol products for the effective control
of key lepidoptera pests in Pome Fruit.
Bolldex® and Madex® are virus based biocontrol products produced by world renowned virus specialists, Andermatt
Biocontrol in Switzerland.
Virus based biocontrol products:
- are extremely host-specific, with zero negative effects on non-target organisms, making them ideal for use in IPM
- can be applied during flowering as they have no negative effects on bees.
- are residue-free solutions with no MRL constraints (ie. ideal for use on organic and export crops).
- have a completely different mode of action to conventional chemistry, making them ideal IPM partners from a
resistance management perspective.
(Reg. no. L 8895, Act 36 of 1947)
(Reg. no. L 7950, Act 36 of 1947)
- Bolldex® is registered on all crops at a standard
application rate of 200ml/ha. On Pome fruit
applications should be made during flowering or as
soon as Bollworm eggs are observed.
- Madex® should be applied at 100ml/ha 10-14 days
after the 1st moth peak (Usually mid October). A
further 200ml should be applied per season and this
can be divided into numerous applications as low as
1ml/ha every 7-14 days .
- Madex® and Bolldex® can be mixed with most other
agricultural inputs provided the pH of the tank
solution is between 5-8. Copper is the one exception.
Tank mixes with Copper should be avoided
- For detailed application instructions please refer to
the registered label or contact a Madumbi